Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Try These Great Protein Pancakes!

I love pancakes. Unfortunately though, conventional pancakes do not fit into my idea of a healthy, high-protein diet. The following recipe is for high-protein pancakes which are not only good for you, in my opinion, they taste even better than regular ones.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
  • 3/4 cup eggs and/or egg whites
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a GOOD blender and mix well. I like my Ninja. Mix well and pour onto a preheated non-stick skillet or griddle. after batter starts to "bubble" on top, carefully flip and cook about the same amount of time on the other side. Top with you favorite fruit, honey or my favorite, a SMALL amount of pure maple syrup. 

The above recipe is about right for two people. I usually triple or quadruple the numbers, depending on how many folks I need to feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment